This course helps delegates review experiences about hazardous substances at work and the risks to health and get up to date on new legal developments related to hazardous substances at work
- Identify the basic requirements of the COSHH regulations
- Identify the symbol relating to a COSHH substance
- Identify routes of entry into the human form
- Identify the types of diseases affecting the human body in contact with COSHH substances
- Identify key information on a product data sheet
Managers, Supervisors, Engineers & Safety Representatives who may be actively involved in compliance with COSHH.
- Identifying hazardous substances in the workplace
- immediate and long-term health hazards
- risk factors
- control measures to reduce risk
- safe handling techniques
- personal protective equipment
- basic legal requirements
- What to expect from a COSHH assessment.
- Identify the requirements of the COSHH Regulations
- Recognize the implications & requirements of COSHH & apply them in the workplace.
- Carry out simple risk assessments & recognize when specialist support is needed